Cauliflower steaks are a great vegan entree option! This quick and easy recipe makes delicious, hearty cauliflower the star of your meal. Cauliflowers are not only a great source of minerals, vitamin C and vitamin K, but are also in season for the winter! Pair these garlic roasted cauliflower steaks with an organic, cold-pressed Fresh Start by Living Juice for a balanced meal!
1 large, organic head of cauliflower, cut into at least 4 thick "steaks"
1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup organic cashews, finely chopped
1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tbsp organic onion powder
1/4 tbsp organic garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 juice of an organic lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix together olive oil, cashews, onion powder, garlic powder and nutritional yeast.
3. Brush or rub half of the mixture on the cauliflower steaks on the baking sheet.
4. Bake the cauliflower steaks for 15 minutes. Take the cauliflower steaks out, flip them over, and brush/rub the remaining half of the mixture on the cauliflower.
5. Bake the steaks for an additional 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is golden on the edges.
6. Remove from the oven and squeeze lemon over the cauliflower. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Experiment by adding red pepper flakes or other spices, such as paprika or turmeric!