Healthy Tuna-Stuffed Avocados
Healthy lunches can sometimes be hard to make when your work schedule becomes busy! Whipping up these healthy tuna-stuffed avocados are not only easy to make, but very healthy. This recipe is incredibly simple and extremely tasty for lunchtime. These stuffed avocados can be paired with a side salad or a hearty vegetable! Enjoy these healthy treats for lunchtime or a mid-afternoon snack!
Happy tuna stuffing!
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 4.5 oz. organic tuna, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the "bowl.”
- Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Mash it with a fork.
- Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.