This traditionally Japanese dish has a mild, semi-sweet flavor making it the perfect addition to any meal! Arame is a type of seaweed naturally rich in vitamins and minerals, such as calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc. In this recipe, the arame is paired with spinach for an even healthier dish! We like to pair it with our organic, cold-pressed Green Vitality Living Juice - for the best combination of savory and sweet! This recipe serves 4.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup of water and sauté the onions for 3-5 minutes or until translucent. Meanwhile, in a small covered bowl, soak the arame in the 2 cups of cold water for 5 mintues. Drain and rinse again.
- Add the tahini, tamari, remaining water and arame to the cooked onions and sauté for 10 minutes. Stir in the spinach and mix thoroughly. Turn off heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
- 1/2 cup water,
- 1 1/2 cups sliced organic onions,
- 1 oz dried arame, well rinsed in cold water,
- 2 cups cold water,
- 1/4 cup tahini,
- 2 tbsp tamari,
- 3 cups chopped fresh organic spinach