Cauliflower rice is a perfect alternative to rice or carb-heavy sides that we usually make during the holidays. This recipe is perfect for the holiday season as cauliflower is a winter vegetable!
- Large head of organic cauliflower, separated into about 1-inch florets
- 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Freshly chopped parsley, 3 tablespoons
- Pinch of himalayan sea salt
- Juice of half a lemon
1. Trim the cauliflower florets, making sure to remove the hard inner section.
2. In batches, pulse or blend the cauliflower florets until the pieces resemble rice or couscous.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sautee the onions until golden brown around the edges and soft.
4. Add the cauliflower and about 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Plate cauliflower rice in large bowl. Stir in lemon juice and garnish with parsley.
6. Enjoy with favorite holiday veggies!