When the days are shorter and the weather is colder, it's understandable that we all crave comfort food. But, comfort foods aren't always the healthiest, and sometimes a well-intended comfort dish can leave us feeling sluggish and low. This healthy and hearty veggie bowl is the perfect meal when you're craving a hearty and comforting dish! With seasonal veggies and protein packed quinoa, your body will thank you for making this. We like to pair the sweet beets and squash in this dish with our savory, organic cold-pressed Green Vitality Living Juice!
1 organic beet, diced
1 organic butternut squash, diced
1 lb organic brussel sprouts, sliced in half
4 cups organic lacinto kale
1 cup uncooked quinoa
Vegan "no-honey" dijon dressing
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Place veggies on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Roast the veggies for about 45 minutes.
3. While veggies are roasting, cook the quinoa and make the dressing.
4. To make the dressing, mix together equal parts dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and a pinch of garlic powder.
5. Once veggies are roasted and quinoa is cooked, make four bowls with quinoa topped with all veggies. Drizzle the vegan "no-honey" dijon dressing on top. Enjoy!