Homemade almond milk is the perfect substitute for dairy milk and it's super easy to make! If you're looking to try a new diet this New Year, or just be healthier overall, almond milk is likely something you will be drinking. Our almond milk recipe is great in smoothies, especially smoothies combined with Living Juice's cold-pressed organic juices. You can also add cinnamon and vanilla, berries, or cacao to make different flavors of almond milk!
- 2 cups of organic almonds
- 10 cups of filtered water
- 1 pinch of organic sea salt
- 4 organic dates (for sweetened, no dates needed for unsweetened)
- Soak the almonds either overnight in cold water or for 1-2 hours in hot water. If you like thicker almond milk, you may opt for less water. If you prefer thinner milk, you can use a bit more water.
- Using a high-speed blender, blend together soaked almonds with water, sea salt, dates and any other additional add-ins you would like. Blend until smooth.
- Strain the liquid with either a nut milk bag, cheese cloth or a thin dish towel. Squeeze out all liquid and discard the pulp (or save it for baked goods).
- Refrigerate the almond milk in a glass bottle or covered container. Be sure to drink within a few days or freeze the milk for later!