What better way to celebrate warm weather than with crisp and refreshing vegan sushi! This cool treat features cucumbers, which come in to season late spring, but stay in season all summer. Cucumbers are a great source of hydration, antioxidants, nutrients, and may even help aid in weight loss or weight management! We pair this veggie forward snack or meal with our fruit-packed, organic, cold-pressed Red Radiance.
Packed organic kale, chopped
2 organic medium cucumbers, sliced into thin spears
1 organic avocado, sliced into spears
4 nori sheets
Soy sauce (we prefer low sodium)
1. Lay out the sheets of nori on bamboo sushi rolling mat, or on a cutting board. Either will work, but the bamboo rolling mat helps to keep everything packed together. The sheet should be laid out wider than it is tall.
2. About an inch from the side of the nori sheet closest to you, begin to place the chopped kale, cucumber spears and avocado in a 2-inch thick strip.
3. Tightly begin to roll the sushi. A bamboo rolling mat comes in helpful in this step.
4. With the sushi rolled, wet a sharp knife and begin to slice cut into sushi pieces. Wet the knife between each cut for easier slicing.
5. Serve and enjoy with soy sauce and/or sriracha! We recommend pairing with our fruity organic, cold-pressed Red Radiance.