A cold, refreshing pasta/grain salad is the perfect side dish for the summer. You likely have never been to a summer party without one! This vegan couscous salad is our healthy take on that cold summer salad. We love the salty olives mixed with the sweet tomatoes and hearty couscous! Enjoy this salad with our favorite organic, cold-pressed Living Juice, Fresh Start to balance all the flavors with a tangy, refreshing lemon, apple and ginger juice.
1 1/2 cups organic Israeli couscous
4 oz organic black olives, sliced
1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
2 organic English cucumbers, halved and sliced
1/2 organic red onion
1/4 cup organic parsley
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp sea salt
Black pepper (as much as you like!)
Add any other veggies as you like!
1. Cook couscous to instructions (this is very similar to making quinoa, and you want the couscous to be fluffy at the end).
2. Allow couscous to cool completely.
3. Chop and slice all organic veggies! For parsley, finely dice the leaves.
4. Mix cooled couscous and all other ingredients, save some parsley for garnish.
5. Toss completely and garnish with parsley.
6. Enjoy your cold and refreshing summer salad!