Summer is finally here! Goodbye spring showers and hello sunny beach days. It’s time to take new adventures and most of all, get yourself confident and ready for the beach! At O2 Living, we always try to take time to value our health and wellness which helps us get through the busy summer months! From family vacations to spending time with friends, summertime is all about making memories, living a healthy lifestyle and enjoying flavorful food!
This vegan, summer detox salad is perfect for those looking for a healthy and delicious meal after all the BBQs and parties! What we love about this salad is that it can help to re-boot and re-energize your system while helping to enhance your overall health and well-being. This detox salad is dressed with one of our favorite salad dressings – a light lemon sesame dressing that is full of flavor and good for you!
For the Dressing
- 1 tablespoon organic tahini
- 1 tablespoon organic lemon juice
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon organic sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon organic, local honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 1 clove organic garlic, minced
For the salad:
- 2 cup chopped organic Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1 large organic cucumber, chopped
- ½ cup shredded organic carrot
- 2 organic green onions, sliced
- ½ cup organic blueberries
- ½ cup organic avocado, sliced
- ½ cup organic snap peas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid, place lid on tight and shake until well- combined. Set aside.
- Combine the salad ingredients into a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.
The splendid thing about healthy living is you’re never out of the game. Even if you’ve drank your weight in summer cocktails, forgot what a water bottle looks like, and haven’t seen the inside of a gym in a while, you can still pick back up and benefit from healthy choices. Enjoy and make this fresh and delicious salad with your friends and family!