This quick and simple white bean salad is perfect for summer picnics and parties. You can whip it up when guests arrive with a short notice or pack it for a day at the beach. White beans are a great source of protein to keep you going all summer long. We like to pair this white bean salad with a sweet and earthy organic, cold-pressed Living Juice Red Radiance.
- 2 organic cloves of garlic
- 2 cans of organic white beans, drained and rinse (cannellini, navy beans, or chick peas)
- 1 organic medium onion, diced
- 2 organic tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup organic black olives, diced
- 1/2 cup organic fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 organic lemon, juiced
- Salt and pepper to tastes
- After draining and rinsing the beans, warm beans, onions, parsley, and garlic in a sauce pan with olive oil. Warm for about a minute or two, until fragrant and soft. No need to cook the ingredients, just soften and combine flavors.
- In a large bowl, combine warmed mixture with tomatoes, olives, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Mix and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or chill for a few hours and enjoy! If you'd like to make a full meal out of your white bean dish, serve over lettuce for a hearty salad!