Craving a creamy risotto, but looking for a healthier option? This is the dish for you! It's the perfect comfort food for these dropping temperatures, and it's healthy! O2 Living's "Risotto" Style Brown Rice promises to deliver a tasty, healthy treat. We like to pair it with our organic, cold-pressed Green Vitality for a hearty and savory companion to this creamy dish!
1. In a medium pot bring vegetable stock to a simmer.
2. In another medium pot sweat the onion for 1-2 minutes over medium heat in the oil with no color.
3) Add the short grain brown rice and coat with the oil. Slight nutty aroma should be emitted. Add the bay leaf and 1 cup at a time of the vegetable stock. Stir constantly. Add cups of stock to the rice as the previous get absorbed. This process should take 12-15 minutes over medium to low heat.
3. When you add the final cup of stock add the chopped veggies, remove the bay leaf and add the carrot juice.
4. Once the liquids are absorbed your "risotto " should be finished.
5.Top with micro celery and sprouts.
1 lbs short grain Brown Rice
1 medium Onion small dice
1/2 bunch Asparagus Cut into rings
1 each Zucchini medium dice
1 each Yellow squash med dice
1 each Red Pepper medium dice
1 bunch Sunflower or Pea sprouts
1/4 bunch micro Celery
1 Bay Leaf.
1 pint Carrot juice (optional)
1 1/2 quarts Vegetable stock
2 teaspoons of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil