Craving a creamy risotto, but looking for a healthier option? This is the dish for you! It's the perfect comfort food for these dropping temperatures, and it's healthy! O2 Living's "Risotto" Style Brown Rice promises to deliver a tasty, healthy treat. We like to pair it with our organic, cold-pressed Green Vitality for a hearty and savory companion to this creamy dish!
- In a medium pot bring vegetable stock to a simmer.
- In another medium pot sweat the onion for 1-2 minutes over medium heat in the oil with no color.
- Add the short grain brown rice and coat with the oil. Slight nutty aroma should be emitted. Add the bay leaf and 1 cup at a time of the vegetable stock. Stir constantly. Add cups of stock to the rice as the previous get absorbed. This process should take 12-15 minutes over medium to low heat.
- When you add the final cup of stock add the chopped veggies, remove the bay leaf and add the carrot juice.
- Once the liquids are absorbed your "risotto " should be finished.
- Top with micro celery and sprouts.
- 1 lbs short grain Brown Rice
- 1 medium Onion small dice
- 1/2 bunch Asparagus Cut into rings
- 1 each Zucchini medium dice
- 1 each Yellow squash med dice
- 1 each Red Pepper medium dice
- 1 bunch Sunflower or Pea sprouts
- 1/4 bunch micro Celery
- 1 Bay Leaf.
- 1 pint Carrot juice (optional)
- 1 1/2 quarts Vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons of Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil