A delightful blend of many ingredients that come together for a perfect taste!
Preparation and cooking time 40 minutes
- Start by washing and draining your rice. Add your water to a saucepan along with the rice and bring to a boil. Add the salt. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until rice is soft and the water is absorbed. Put the rice in a bowl and allow it to cool.
- Stir in the carrots, sprouts, cashews, bell peppers and scallions. In a bowl whisk together the remaining ingredients to make a dressing to pour over your rice mixture. Serve.
- 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice,
- 2 1/4 cups water,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1 cup grated carrot,
- 1 cup fresh mung bean sprouts,
- 3/4 cup chopped unsalted cashews,
- 3/4 cup diced green bell peppers,
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions,
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice,
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari,
- 1 1/2 tbsp mirin,
- 2 tsp lemon juice,
- 1/2 tsp cumin,
- 1/2 tsp ginger,
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar,
- 1/4 tsp black pepper