Who said dairy-free diet devotees have to pass on cheese? Here’s a cheese-ish spread that vegans and non-vegans alike can love. Use it as a spread for crackers or wraps, or as a dip for crisp veggies.
- 2 cups raw, unsalted cashews, soaked for at least one hour
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup water (add more as needed)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tspn sea salt
- 1 tspn curry powder or onion powder
- Drain soaked cashews and rinse.
- Add cashews, yeast, water, lemon juice, salt and curry powder to food processor and pulse to desired consistency.