This warm and comforting soup will remind you of a childhood favorite - chicken noodle soup! This grown-up version is vegan and low sodium. Perfect for the last long days of winter and to help cure some sniffles. We like to pair this soup with our organic, cold-pressed lemon, ginger and apple Living Juice, Fresh Start.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large organic carrots, cut in rounds
- 1 1/2 large organic onion, diced
- 4 stalks organic celery, diced
- 7 cloves of organic garlic, minced
- 14 cups of organic low-sodium vegan vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp dried thyme
- 4 dried bay leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 cans of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed (you can substitute more if you want less noodles for a lower carb option)
- 10-12 ounces of wide egg noodles
- Juice of 1 organic lemon
- Fresh chopped parsley
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the garlic and onions. Brown until fragrant.
- Add in celery and carrots and brown for at least 10 minutes.
- Add in broth, bay leaves, thyme, and some ground black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat for about 10 more minutes.
- In another pot, cook the egg noodles following maker's instructions.
- Once noodles have cooked and been drained, stir in chickpeas, parsley and lemon juice into the broth and veggies pot.
- Add noodles to individual dishes to be served (to prevent noodles from absorbing too much broth) or add noodles to the pot and serve/save for later. Enjoy!