This warm and comforting soup will remind you of a childhood favorite - chicken noodle soup! This grown-up version is vegan and low sodium. Perfect for the last long days of winter and to help cure some sniffles. We like to pair this soup with our organic, cold-pressed lemon, ginger and apple Living Juice, Fresh Start.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 large organic carrots, cut in rounds
1 1/2 large organic onion, diced
4 stalks organic celery, diced
7 cloves of organic garlic, minced
14 cups of organic low-sodium vegan vegetable broth
3 tbsp dried thyme
4 dried bay leaves
Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
2 cans of organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed (you can substitute more if you want less noodles for a lower carb option)
10-12 ounces of wide egg noodles
Juice of 1 organic lemon
Fresh chopped parsley
1. In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add in the garlic and onions. Brown until fragrant.
3. Add in celery and carrots and brown for at least 10 minutes.
4. Add in broth, bay leaves, thyme, and some ground black pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat for about 10 more minutes.
5. In another pot, cook the egg noodles following maker's instructions.
6. Once noodles have cooked and been drained, stir in chickpeas, parsley and lemon juice into the broth and veggies pot.
7. Add noodles to individual dishes to be served (to prevent noodles from absorbing too much broth) or add noodles to the pot and serve/save for later. Enjoy!