Now that we're inside for the foreseeable future, we might as well bake! Banana bread is a classic and for good reason, it's sweet (with natural fruit sugars), moist and delicious. We love this vegan recipe that pairs well with our tangy, organic, cold-pressed Fresh Start!
4 large overly ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups of organic flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp organic cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup avocado oil (or another organic neutral oil)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Prepare chia seed eggs (set to side to thicken)
3. Mix together all dry ingredients except brown sugar.
4. Mix together all wet ingredients, brown sugar and bananas. Mash bananas and mix together until creamy.
5. Mix together dry ingredients and banana mash until fully integrated in a thick dough.
6. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
7. Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before slicing and enjoy!