To celebrate the beginning of Autumn, this week we’ll take a fall favorite and use it in an easy to make and take-on-the-go staple. To make this smoothie, you’ll use classic ingredients like banana and almond milk, but the delicious additions of pumpkin and cinnamon will really spice this recipe up. Plus, it's vegan, clean, and free of artificial flavorings.
Feel free to add any supplements you like to give the smoothie more of a nutritional kick: chocolate protein powder, for example, blends fantastically with these fall flavors.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree fresh or canned
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 cup almond milk optional soy, lite coconut, or skim milk
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup more or less to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup ice
- Pour ingredients into a blender.
- Blend to taste-- for a smooth, rich, smoothie, blend for twenty seconds or more.