In the winter, we often crave for warm and cozy meals. Pulled pork is a great option and can be used in a variety of meals, including winter favorite chili. This O2 Living recipe is a great vegan option for "pulled pork." The easiest way to make our "pulled pork" is with a slow cooker! This delicious vegan "pulled pork" is versatile and we hope you use it for your chilis, "pulled pork" sandwiches, or on top of a salad! You can spice up this recipe by adding more chili powder, or even adding hot sauces like sriracha! Pair a spicy vegan "pulled pork" with a sweet green Pineapple Punch by Living Juice for a full meal!
- 2 cans organic jackfruit in brine
- 1 tbsp organic brown sugar
- 1 tsp organic cumin
- 1 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1 tsp organic chili powder (or more for spice!)
- Salt for taste
- Black pepper for taste
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce of your choice (preferably vegan!)
- Drain and rinse the jackfruit.
- Add spices to jackfruit in a bowl and mix until the jackfruit is coated.
- Move jackfruit to the slow cooker and cover with bbq sauce. Cook on low heat for 5 hours (or medium-low heat until tender enough to pull apart).
- Pull apart the jackfruit and cook for an additional hour on low heat.
- Serve any way you like! We suggest serving as a vegan "pulled pork" sandwich with a yummy vegan aioli or over top of baked sweet potatoes!