In the winter, we often crave for warm and cozy meals. Pulled pork is a great option and can be used in a variety of meals, including winter favorite chili. This O2 Living recipe is a great vegan option for "pulled pork." The easiest way to make our "pulled pork" is with a slow cooker! This delicious vegan "pulled pork" is versatile and we hope you use it for your chilis, "pulled pork" sandwiches, or on top of a salad! You can spice up this recipe by adding more chili powder, or even adding hot sauces like sriracha! Pair a spicy vegan "pulled pork" with a sweet green Pineapple Punch by Living Juice for a full meal!
2 cans organic jackfruit in brine
1 tbsp organic brown sugar
1 tsp organic cumin
1 tsp organic garlic powder
1 tsp organic chili powder (or more for spice!)
Salt for taste
Black pepper for taste
1 cup of BBQ sauce of your choice (preferably vegan!)
1. Drain and rinse the jackfruit.
2. Add spices to jackfruit in a bowl and mix until the jackfruit is coated.
3. Move jackfruit to the slow cooker and cover with bbq sauce. Cook on low heat for 5 hours (or medium-low heat until tender enough to pull apart).
4. Pull apart the jackfruit and cook for an additional hour on low heat.
5. Serve any way you like! We suggest serving as a vegan "pulled pork" sandwich with a yummy vegan aioli or over top of baked sweet potatoes!