Summertime is all about coming together, enjoying warmer weather, and grilling! There's no need to feel left out of all the grilling fun with this delicious and healthy, vegan burger. Combining mushrooms and black beans makes a hearty burger thats packed with protein. Feel free to make these all summer long and enjoy with Living Juice's refreshing, organic, cold-pressed Fresh Start!
1 cup cooked brown rice
1 1/5 cups of organic black beans, cooked
2 cups of organic mushrooms (cremini or white), finely chopped
1 stalk organic celery, finely chopped
2 organic carrots, finely chopped
1 small organic onion, finely chopped
1-2 cups of organic, gluten-free bread crumbs
2 organic cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tsp flax seeds
Juice of one organic lemon
1. Over medium heat in a large skillet, heat about 1-2 tsp olive oil. Add in mushrooms, garlic, onion, celery, and carrots. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook and stir until onions are translucent.
2. Combine black beans, brown rice, bread crumps, chia seeds, flax seeds, soy sauce and lemon juice. Continue to mix all together until mixture is thick.
3. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
4. Portion the refrigerated mixture into burger patties (about 1/3-1/2 cup for each patty). Feel free to freeze, refrigerate or cook these patties!
5. Grill and enjoy! We like topping our burgers with pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and spicy vegan mayo. Complete your meal with the refreshing, organic, cold-pressed Fresh Start by Living Juice!