Why make a nutritional sacrifice when you can indulge healthfully? This dessert (or even breakfast) tastes remarkably like traditional ice cream leaving us wondering why we ever ate the real thing.
The lemon flavor provides a pleasant zing- perfect for when you need some mid afternoon energy.
- Add all ingredients to blender except the poppy seeds
- Blend until smooth
- Add additional ice or liquid to reach desired consistency
- Stir in poppy seeds
- Top with sliced almonds, coconut chips, diced apple or fresh berries!
- 2 frozen bananas, broken into small pieces
- ½ lemon (peel and rind included)
- 3/4 cup almond milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
- 2 tsp maca (optional)
- 1 TB poppy seeds