3 large carrots
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 cup chickpea flour (aka besan or gram flour). Other bean flours work great too.
½ cup fresh cilantro, parsley or carrot tops, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon cumin seeds , or ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon fennel seeds , or ¼ teaspoon ground fennel
¼ cup water
½ teaspoon chili flakes, optional
- Grate the onion and the carrot. If you have it, use the grater attachment on your food processor.
- In a large bowl add the onion, carrot and garlic and mix well.
- Add everything else except the water and stir together well, making sure all the spices are distributed evenly. Then add the water and stir again. Batter should be thick.
- Leave to sit for 10 minutes or longer.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or and drop the mixture in roughly ⅓ cup amounts. Then, flatten them evenly to about ½ inch thick. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping them at halfway through the cooking time.