- 3 large carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup chickpea flour (aka besan or gram flour). Other bean flours work great too.
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, parsley or carrot tops, finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds , or ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds , or ¼ teaspoon ground fennel
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes, optional
- Grate the onion and the carrot. If you have it, use the grater attachment on your food processor.
- In a large bowl add the onion, carrot and garlic and mix well.
- Add everything else except the water and stir together well, making sure all the spices are distributed evenly. Then add the water and stir again. Batter should be thick.
- Leave to sit for 10 minutes or longer.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or and drop the mixture in roughly ⅓ cup amounts. Then, flatten them evenly to about ½ inch thick. Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping them at halfway through the cooking time.