As we enter into the summer season, I cannot help but continue to make quick and healthy summer salads. One of my favorite classic cumber and tomato salads for the summertime just got better with the addition of fresh avocado. This salad also has a light and flavorful lemon dressing and freshness of the cilantro. On a hot summer day, this is a great meal because it is very refreshing and a wonderful addition with any summer meal to share with family and friends. After a long day in the sun, you will want something healthy and savory! Happy Summer!
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 bunch) cilantro, chopped*
- 1 tsp sea salt or 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
*Note: if you aren’t keen on cilantro, fresh dill is a good substitute
- Place chopped tomatoes, sliced cucumber, sliced red onion, diced avocado, and chopped cilantro into a large salad bowl.
- Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice. Toss gently to combine. Just before serving, toss with 1 tsp sea salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper.