Although we should be striving to emphasize environmental protection every single day, today is an important hallmark of green, forward thinking. Earth Day is a time to demonstrate support for the world we call home. We all have a duty to keep this beautiful planet alive.
We’re committed to health and wellness at O2Living, but the health of an individual goes hand in hand with the health of the planet. The vibrant, fresh ingredients we use in our cold-pressed juice would cease to exist without the delicate ecosystems that are dwindling across the globe. Here are some organizations to get involved, volunteer, or donate:
On Earth Day, it wouldn’t be right to highlight any recipe other than one that comes straight from the soil. Here’s a simple, easy, delicious Cobb salad recipe to get in tune with the environment and your taste buds.
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (julienned)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (100 g)
- 1/2 cup cooked or canned red beans (95 g)
- 1/2 cup chopped tempeh bacon (70 g)
- 1/2 cup diced avocado (75 g)
- 1/2 cup corn (95 g)
1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews (70 g)
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (54 g)
- 1/4 cup water (62 g)
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (84 g)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl and top with arranged rows of tomatoes, red beans, bacon, avocado, corn and cashews.
- To make the dressing, you simply combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth. You can also whisk together all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve the vegan Cobb salad immediately with the dressing.