Almond butter is the new avocado. Just kidding, nothing can beat a good avocado. Recently, almond butter is being used for everything and on everything - and we're obsessed! To make sure we're getting the healthiest almond butter, we decided to make some ourselves. Try this homemade raw almond butter for your everyday needs!
- 1 pound of raw, organic almonds
- If you're using raw almonds, you may wish to lightly roast them at low heat or steep almonds overnight to allow the natural oils to be released. This will speed up the blending process, but isn't required.
- Add the almonds to your blender - we prefer the vitamix.
- Blend for about 30 minutes. Throughout this time, you may want to stop the blending and scrape the sides of your blender to get a consistent mixture (just take care not to cut yourself!).
- If you want to add in any spices, such as sea salt or cinnamon, go ahead! Adding liquids such as maple syrup or vanilla extract may reduce the shelf life of your almond butter, but also make for tasty almond butter.
- Once you have blended the almond butter to your desired consistency, transfer to a sealable glass jar and refrigerate.