Temperatures are dropping and leaves are showing glimmers of change as fall arrives. Colder weather reduces the body's ability to fend off foreign pathogens. Use this tasty spinach salad to gift your body valuable nutrients, pairing it with a bottle of Living Juice's immune powerhouse Green Vitality.
Using pureed tomatoes in the vinaigrette cuts down on the amount of fat and calories without compromising on flavor
- 1 medium ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- 1.5 tablespoons red wine or sherry vinegar
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon ground pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped organic herbs (rosemary, thyme, basil, cilantro)
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
A Simple Procedure
Blend tomatoes, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a food processor until smooth. Drizzle in olive oil. Stir in herbs.
In a large bow, toss together spinach and onion. Add some of the dressing and toss further. Add more dressing as needed to lightly coat all the spinach leaves. Top with crumbled feta and pine nuts and serve immediately.