Though a delicious, sweet breakfast treat, these pancakes pack a considerable punch. They’re chock full of nutrients from flax seeds and blueberries to boost your immune system and help strengthen your body’s defenses against viruses.
What's in the pancakes:
- 1 and 1/4 cups (170g) Gluten Free All Purpose Flour*
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3 Tbsp White Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder*
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup (180ml) Soy Milk*
- 1 Flax Egg (1 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed meal+ 3 Tbsp Hot Water)
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
How to make it:
Quick tip: Before you start whipping together the ingredients, preheat your oven to 200 degrees to keep pancakes warm while you cook the rest.
- Sift the gluten free all purpose flour into a mixing bowl and then add the sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together.
- Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 Tablespoon of ground flaxseed meal with 3 Tablespoons of hot water and letting it sit for a minute to become gloopy.
- Add the soy milk in to the mixing bowl along with the flax egg and olive oil and mix into a thick batter. Use a hand whisk to remove any lumps.
- Add blueberries, fold into the batter, and let sit.
- Heat a frying pan with some olive oil until hot and then spoon out the batter in roughly 1/4 cup measures.
- Cook until the edges start to look dry and there are bubbles on top before flipping and cooking on the other side.
- Cook until browned on both sides.