This recipe is inspired by a Tuscan soup called Ribolitta - featuring deliciously rich white beans and kale. The original features pancetta, but our vegan dish removes this without losing any of the richness. This soup will certainly warm you this fall and provide a healthy meal! We like to pair this with our Fresh Start, organic cold-pressed lemon, apple and ginger juice.
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups organic onions, diced
- 1 cup organic carrots, diced
- 1 cup organic fennel bulb, diced
- 4-6 cloves organic garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tsp sea salt, more to taste
- 2-3 organic tomatoes, diced
- 6 cups organic lacinto kale, chopped
- Splash of dry white wine (optional)
- 6 cups vegetable stock (vegan preferred)
- 2 cans organic cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 cup organic parsley, chopped
- Crusty french bread, toasted
Rosemary Lemon Olive Oil:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Handful of rosemary sprigs
- Zest of one medium organic lemon
- 4 organic garlic cloves, diced
1. In a small glass jar, mix all ingredients for rosemary lemon olive oil. Let sit.
2. In a dutch oven or large, heavy bottom pan, heat oil over medium. Saute onions for 6-8 minutes.
3. Lower heat and add carrots, fennel, garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Cook until veggies are tender about 7-9 minutes.
4. Add in tomatoes and kale (optional white wine). Continue to saute and stir for another 7-8 minutes.
5. Add in the veggie stock and beans. Bring the soup to a boil then return to lower heat and simmer for about 15 minutes.
6. Add salt to taste and fresh parsley.
7. Serve with a drizzle of rosemary lemon olive oil and toasted bread!