Who says you can't enjoy a deliciously creamy and indulgent treat while following a vegan diet? With this vegan ice cream recipe, you can satisfy your sweet tooth while feeling good about the ingredients you're putting into your body. This recipe uses wholesome ingredients and skips the dairy, making it a healthier option for anyone looking to enjoy a guilt-free dessert.
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of raw cane sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup of mix-ins such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or fruit
- In a medium saucepan, combine the coconut milk, sugar, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature before transferring it to an ice cream maker.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to churn the mixture until it reaches a soft-serve consistency.
- If using mix-ins, fold them into the ice cream during the last few minutes of churning.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for a few hours or until firm.
- Scoop and enjoy!
This vegan ice cream recipe is not only easy to make, but it's also customizable to your taste preferences. You can add your favorite mix-ins or even experiment with different flavors by adding extracts or spices. The creamy texture of the coconut milk provides a rich base for the ice cream, while the raw cane sugar adds a subtle sweetness without being overpowering.
Whether you're vegan or not, this ice cream recipe is sure to be a hit. So go ahead and indulge in a bowl (or two) of this delicious and healthy treat!