This delicious vegan side dish features two in-season items: butternut squash and pears! With delightful sage and rosemary, this warming, sweet and savory dish will be the perfect addition to any holiday gathering. In the case that you have any leftovers, Living Juice's Pineapple Punch brings a sweet and fruity balance to this healthy meal!
Organic butternut squash, cubed
2 organic pears, diced
1 organic red onion, diced
2 tbs. olive oil
1.5 tsp. salt
1 tsp. organic, dried sage
1 tsp. organic rosemary
1 tsp. black pepper
1. Toss and coat the cubed butternut squash with olive oil, 1 tsp. salt, half of the sage and rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. Roast the coated butternut squash on a baking pan for roughly 30 minutes at 450 degrees. Be sure to turn the squash half way through baking and check to see if tender. Remove the butternut squash once it's tender.
3. In a large pan, heat some olive oil. Add in the pears, onion, and remaining seasonings. Cook until pears become soft.
4. Once butternut squash is roasted, move the squash from the baking sheet to the pan with pears and onions. Warm all together, add any seasoning that is missing, and serve warm!
5. If you'd like, serve the butternut squash and pears over an arugula salad! Or for an extra anti-oxidant boost, add some cranberries to the pear and onion mixture!