Vegan banana pudding has gained popularity as a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional desserts. From its plant-based nature to its health benefits and environmental advantages, this dessert offers a great combination of taste, aesthetic, and sustainability.
This banana pudding is a great option for all our vegans! By excluding animal products such as dairy and eggs, it caters to individuals following a vegan or vegetarian diet. This allows for people of ALL dietary restrictions to be able to indulge in this deliciousness.
Compared to traditional pudding recipes, vegan banana pudding offers health benefits. The primary ingredient, ripe bananas, is naturally sweet and provides essential vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber!
Choosing vegan desserts like banana pudding contributes to environmental sustainability. By opting for plant-based alternatives, individuals can reduce their carbon footprint and support a more sustainable food system. Vegan dessert options such as this banana pudding is a great step to making our kitchens more eco friendly and delicious.
Vegan banana pudding is not only a nutritious choice but also a delicious dessert. The natural sweetness and creamy texture of ripe bananas create a mouth watering pudding base. You can get crazy and change it up by adding flavors like vanilla, cinnamon, or even chocolate. Toppings such as vegan whipped cream, crushed nuts, or fresh fruit can really elevate your dessert even more!
Grab your apron! I have the famous recipe right here for you.
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or any other sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Vegan vanilla wafers or cookies (optional)
- Vegan whipped cream (optional)
- Sliced bananas for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, mash the ripe bananas until smooth.
- Add the coconut sugar, cornstarch, almond milk, vanilla extract, and salt to the saucepan. Whisk well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook the mixture, stirring constantly, until it thickens. This should take about 5-7 minutes. Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the saucepan to prevent any lumps from forming.
- Once the pudding has thickened, remove it from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- If you prefer a smoother pudding, you can strain it through a fine-mesh sieve to remove any banana fibers.
- Transfer the pudding to a bowl or individual serving dishes. Cover with plastic wrap, making sure the wrap touches the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow it to set.
- Before serving, you can layer the pudding with vegan vanilla wafers or cookies and sliced bananas if desired.
- Top with vegan whipped cream and additional sliced bananas for garnish.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Thank us later. ;)