Living Juice is counting down 10 of the healthiest summer snacks, so you don’t have to! These easy recipes will leave you feeling nourished and energized for a day full of festivities. In addition, they all take under 5 minutes to prepare and require few ingredients. Expecting company? Whether you’re headed to the beach or a backyard barbeque, these snacks are guaranteed to be a hit amongst guests.
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Wash the strawberries. Remove their stems and slice in half.
- Spread peanut butter onto each strawberry slice.
- Sprinkle on some chocolate chips and enjoy!
- Grapes (red or green)
- It’s as simple as it sounds! Pop your favorite kind of grapes into the freezer for at least an hour. This treat will instantly cool you down on a hot summer day!
- Greek yogurt (full-fat)
- Frozen mixed berries
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread the greek yogurt out onto the parchment paper and sprinkle berries on top.
- Lastly, drizzle the honey all over and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Mixed nuts
- Dark chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together and that’s it! This is the perfect snack for the go, as it is easily stored in sandwich bags.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup red onion
- 3 Roma tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 11 oz can of corn
- 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- Juice of 1 lime
- Olive oil
- Wash the produce and remove the seeds from all the peppers.
- Dice the bell peppers, onion, tomatoes and jalapeño pepper. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the corn and black beans into the bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil and lime juice over the mixture. Add in the taco seasoning and stir.
- Serve with tortilla chips!
- Mini fresh mozzarella balls
- Cherry tomatoes
- Balsamic Glaze
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Alternate placing the mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, and basil onto the skewers.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve!
- Dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Wash the raspberries and smash them in a small bowl with your fork.
- Add the chia seeds and maple syrup to the bowl. Mix together.
- Spoon dollops of the raspberry mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Freeze for at least an hour.
- Once frozen, dip the raspberry bites into melted dark chocolate.
- Let the chocolate set before eating!
- Lime juice
- Cut the watermelon into long strips that resemble fries.
- Sprinkle them with lime juice and tajin!
- Greek yogurt
- Frozen Fruit
- Mix together the greek yogurt and frozen fruit in a small bowl. Make sure you have slightly more fruit than yogurt. Let it sit for a few minutes and watch the yogurt freeze!
- Mixed fruit
- Coconut milk
- Add some fresh fruit into a bowl along with your choice of granola.
- Pour the coconut milk over top and enjoy it like cereal!
Well there you have it! Hopefully you are able to incorporate some of these snacks into your summer routine. They pair perfectly with a drink of cold-pressed juice! For more healthy options visit Living Juice’s website.