This recipe for Warm Winter Red Quinoa Salad with Butternut Squash and Toasted Walnuts comes from o2living community member, Esther Kinderlerer!
- Bake a small butternut squash at 390 F for about 45 minutes. You need to cut the squash into halves and scoop out the seeds. Then wrap reach half in foil and wrap.
- Whilst it's cooking prepare one cup of red quinoa following instructions. I use a rice cooker and it needs 1 and 1/2 cup of water.
- Roughly chop and toast the walnuts in a skillet over a medium heat.
- Remove from skillet when they turn brown.
- When the squash is baked peel off the skin and chop into cubes.
- Assemble the salad in a big bowl stirring quinoa, walnuts and squash with all remaining ingredients together until evenly coated. Enjoy!
- 1 cup uncooked Red Quinoa
- 1 and 1/2 cup water
- Butternut Squash
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste (about 1/4 tsp)
- Juice of half a tangerine
- 2 cups steamed broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 cup Walnuts