Fall has arrived with characteristic splendor: leaves burst into vibrant hues and temperatures begin to drop. Now is the time to grab a sweater, get cozy, and enjoy a clean fall recipe with autumn’s poster boy: the pumpkin. Below is a delicious vegan chili that takes just 30 minutes to whip up.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 2 tablespoons organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 green pepper, cored and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic black beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1 cup organic frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup organic vegetable broth
- Organic avocado, sour cream, cilantro and green onion for topping
In a large deep pot, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion with 1 teaspoon salt and cook for about 3 minutes, until translucent. Add the pepper and garlic then continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
Next add the spices and tomato paste. Stir together and cook for 2 minutes. Add the pumpkin puree, diced tomatoes, drained beans, corn and vegetable broth. Bring to a low boil and cook for about 10 minutes, until heated through. Add salt to taste, if desired.
Serve warm with your favorite toppings and enjoy!