Traditional broccoli salad is made better with crunchy almonds and sunflower seeds, and fresh tart cranberries. Pair with a Pineapple Punch for a balance of sweet and savory!
- Chop broccoli into very fine pieces
- Add broccoli to boiling water with a pinch of salt, drain the water then let the broccoli dry
- To a large mixing bowl, add dried broccoli florets, bacon, drained raw onion, cranberries, almonds, sunflower seeds, and cheddar cheese.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Toss and serve.
- 4 1/2 cups fresh, organic broccoli, cut into small florets about 2 heads of broccoli
- 5 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup organic red onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried, organic cranberries (reduced sugar works just as well!)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cut into very small cubes (or shredded if you prefer)