Cauliflower steaks are a great vegan entree option! This quick and easy recipe makes delicious, hearty cauliflower the star of your meal. Cauliflowers are not only a great source of minerals, vitamin C and vitamin K, but are also in season for the winter! Pair these garlic roasted cauliflower steaks with an organic, cold-pressed Fresh Start by Living Juice for a balanced meal!
- 1 large, organic head of cauliflower, cut into at least 4 thick "steaks"
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup organic cashews, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tbsp organic onion powder
- 1/4 tbsp organic garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 juice of an organic lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together olive oil, cashews, onion powder, garlic powder and nutritional yeast.
- Brush or rub half of the mixture on the cauliflower steaks on the baking sheet.
- Bake the cauliflower steaks for 15 minutes. Take the cauliflower steaks out, flip them over, and brush/rub the remaining half of the mixture on the cauliflower.
- Bake the steaks for an additional 15 minutes, or until cauliflower is golden on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and squeeze lemon over the cauliflower. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
Experiment by adding red pepper flakes or other spices, such as paprika or turmeric!