What's better than spinach? Popeye's super food boosted by a Vitamin C-rich addition like grapefruit, to improve the absorption of iron and calcium.
- 4 oz baby spinach, washed
- 2 ruby red grapefruits, peeled, reserving 3 slices
- 1 avocado, diced
- For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp diced shallots
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- reserved grapefruit juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the grapefruit and squeeze the juice from 3 slices; set aside. Slice the remaining grapefruit.
- Whisk the olive oil, grapefruit juice, vinegar, chopped shallots, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss spinach, avocado, grapefruit, pomegranate and vinaigrette.