The perfect pairing for the vegan gravy recipe we posted earlier, this vegan mashed potato recipe is makes a mean plate of potatoes. This dish is...
Just because Thanksgiving is over, doesn't mean you can't dig in!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 30 min
- 6-8 medium organic yukon gold potatoes (if large, cut in half)*
- 1 tsp sea salt (divided)
- Water to cover
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic ground black pepper
- 5-6 organic cloves raw or roasted garlic (or sub minced garlic sautéed for 3 minutes in organic olive oil)*
- 3-4 Tbsp organic vegan butter (such as Earth Balance // melted/softened)
- 1/4 cup fresh organic chives (for topping // optional)
For creamier mashed potatoes, peel your potatoes at this time. Otherwise, just halve your potatoes and place in a large saucepan or pot and cover with water by ~1 inch.
Bring to a light boil over high heat and add 1 tsp of sea salt (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size), and cook for 25-30 minutes or until very tender. They should effortlessly slide off a knife when pierced with a knife.
While the potatoes are cooking, chop up your chives (optional) and measure your vegan butter.
Once tender, drain your potatoes and place them back in the hot pot off the heat for 1 minute to evaporate any additional water.
Mash your potatoes using a potato masher until fluffy.
Add in vegan butter, garlic, salt, and black pepper and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
Lastly top with chives (optional, stir and serve as is or with your favorite gravy (or mushroom gravy). Leftovers will keep in the fridge covered for up to a few days. Not freezer friendly.