This deliciously creamy vegan treat pairs sweet coconut with tangy lime. This vegan lime coconut curd can be eaten on its own or used as a topping for pies, toast, muffins, or really anything! We love to pair the sweet treat with our organic, cold-pressed Fresh Start, made with lemons, ginger and apples!
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2/3 cup organic lime juice (juice of about 4-5 organic limes)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk (full fat preferred)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Place cornstarch in a saucepan. Whisk in the organic lime juice until mixed.
- Add in coconut milk and continue to whisk.
- When fully mixed, put on low-medium heat. Stir in the granulated sugar until fully dissolved.
- Without boiling, cook the curd by stirring constantly. It should become thick but should not boil (if it does, be sure that it does not boil for over 30 seconds).
- Remove the curd from heat, and mix in the coconut oil.
- Place curd and oil in a glass jar and refrigerate. Let the curd set until for at least 4 hours or until it has the consistency of jello.
- Enjoy when set! This lime coconut curd can be enjoyed on its own or as a topping!