Who doesn't like a good sandwich? Easy to make and easy to take on the go, sandwiches are ideal meals whether you're in a hurry or you're just in the mood for one. Though they usually involve a meat and a cheese, there's no solid blueprint and you can put whatever you wish between two slices of bread. This recipe is completely vegan but still utterly delicious-- give it a try for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- 2 slices Whole Grain Bread
- 2 Tbsp Hummus
- 2 leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 cup Microgreens
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Carrots
- 4-6 slices Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 large Apple thinly sliced
- 4-6 slices Cucumber or homemade pickles
- 1/4 large Avocado sliced
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzle
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Spread hummus evenly over bread slices.
- Layer all ingredients, starting with romaine lettuce on bottom. Methodically work down the ingredient list, stacking ingredients on top of each other, ending with pumpkin seeds.
- This step is optional, but highly recommended. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over sandwich and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over veggies.
- Put the other slice of bread on top and complete your sandwich. Grab a drink and enjoy!