Who doesn't like a good sandwich? Easy to make and easy to take on the go, sandwiches are ideal meals whether you're in a hurry or you're just in the mood for one. Though they usually involve a meat and a cheese, there's no solid blueprint and you can put whatever you wish between two slices of bread. This recipe is completely vegan but still utterly delicious-- give it a try for a healthy, nutritious meal.
- 2 slices Whole Grain Bread
- 2 Tbsp Hummus
- 2 leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 1/4 cup Microgreens
- 1/4 cup Red Bell Pepper thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Shredded Carrots
- 4-6 slices Red Onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 large Apple thinly sliced
4-6 slices Cucumber or homemade pickles
- 1/4 large Avocado sliced
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil drizzle
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- Spread hummus evenly over bread slices.
- Layer all ingredients, starting with romaine lettuce on bottom. Methodically work down the ingredient list, stacking ingredients on top of each other, ending with pumpkin seeds.
This step is optional, but highly recommended. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over sandwich and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over veggies.
- Put the other slice of bread on top and complete your sandwich. Grab a drink and enjoy!