Maintaining your healthy lifestyle during the holidays can be tough... and since we know it’s hard to ignore those delicious desserts we wanted to share this easy, no-bake raw food recipe with you.
Not only is this dessert easy to make, but it’s chock full of nutritious ingredients.
- 2 pounds ripe pears (approx. 4 pears)
- 2 pounds firm apples (approx. 6 apples)
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large baking dish, toss apples and pears with coconut oil
- Add in orange and lemon zest
- Add freshly squeezed orange juice
- Place pecans, walnuts, dates & cinnamon into a food processor and pulse until coarsely ground and sprinkle (generously) on top of apple/pear mixture
- Serve right away or chill until you are ready to serve
For more raw food inspiration this holiday season stop by one of the Living Juice Westchester cafés.
P.S. you can also find Living Juice cafés at both Saw Mill Club locations
(Learn about our fresh, flavorful, organic cold pressed juices & why we love them).