Finding recipes that are both healthy, delicious and fit your dietary needs can be a difficult task. Sometimes you find a good recipe idea and it ends up tasting horrible. Because we understand the struggle, we have listed two of our favorite healthy, tasty and gluten-free recipes for you! Try them out and let us know how you like them!
Gluten Free Copy-Cat “Chick-Fil-A” Nuggets
Recipe credits to @savoredhome on Instagram!
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts
- 2 cups of pickle juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot powder
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cut the chicken breasts into cubes and allow it to sit in pickle juice for around 2 hours.
- Once marinated beat two eggs
- Add the chicken to the egg mixture
- In a bowl, mix arrowroot powder, almond flour and all the spices above.
- Coat the chicken in the egg mixture and then coat both sides of the chicken evenly with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Cook in the airfryer at 400 degrees for around 12-15 minutes or until it reaches a golden brown color.
- Enjoy with your favorite sauce!
Pizza Smashed Potatoes
Recipe credits to the Hungry Happens blog!
- 2 lbs small creamer potatoes, washed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- olive oil spray
- 1½ cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup marinara sauce
- 2 oz mini pepperonis
- chili pepper flakes for garnish
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F.
- Transfer potatoes to a pot and fill with water to just cover them.
- Boil the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of salt for about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a flat surface to allow them to cool.
- Grab a sharp knife and score the potatoes about half way down, in a criss cross manner.
- Cover each potato with parchment paper and use any glass object to flatten them.
- Spray the flat potatoes with olive oil and then add salt and pepper.
- Air Fry the potatoes for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooked, brush them with marinara sauce, add the mozzarella and mini pepperonis.
- Add them to the airfryer again until the cheese melts.
If you enjoy these recipes feel free to post a picture of yours and tag us @drinklivingjuice! Follow us on socials and visit our website for healthy juices and more delicious recipes!