This delicious and protein-packed salad is perfect for the summer to fall transition. Featuring smoked tofu and rich and creamy almonds, you'll be craving this salad all fall! We recommend pairing it with our organic, cold-pressed Red Radiance Living Juice.
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water and drain.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil.
- Add quinoa and a vegetable stock cube to water and stir in.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until quinoa is tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Uncover and allow to cool.
- Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over low heat for 3–5 minutes, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk vinegar and Italian salad dressing in a large bowl.
- Slowly add the oil, whisking well.
- Place the quinoa in a large serving bowl add tofu. Toss to mix.
- Pour the salad dressing over the mixture and toss again.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill and season for at least 4 hours. If you leave it for the next day, the
- Add toasted almonds just before serving and garnish with whole grapes if desired.
- Serve at room temperature.
- 1 1/3 cups organic quinoa,
- 1/2 cup sliced organic almonds,
- 2 cups chopped tofu,
- 1 cube organic vegetable stock,
- 2 tbs. rice vinegar,
- 1 pkg. Italian salad dressing herbs,
- 2 tbs. olive oil