Cauliflower rice is a perfect alternative to rice or carb-heavy sides that we usually make during the holidays. This recipe is perfect for the holiday season as cauliflower is a winter vegetable!
- Large head of organic cauliflower, separated into about 1-inch florets
- 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Freshly chopped parsley, 3 tablespoons
- Pinch of himalayan sea salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- Trim the cauliflower florets, making sure to remove the hard inner section.
- In batches, pulse or blend the cauliflower florets until the pieces resemble rice or couscous.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sautee the onions until golden brown around the edges and soft.
- Add the cauliflower and about 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and continue to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Plate cauliflower rice in large bowl. Stir in lemon juice and garnish with parsley.
- Enjoy with favorite holiday veggies!