Hemp has so many uses, and acting as a delicious snack is one of them! High in beneficial omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and protein, hemp hearts are an easy and quick bite for a burst of protein and energy. These vegan, no cook energy balls add some sweetness and flavor to the hearts and are incredibly simple to whip up.
- 1 cup oats, rolled or quick (I used GF)
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- pinch of salt, optional
- Place all ingredients in a food processor, and blend. Add a dash of water, around one tablespoon.
- Don’t fret if the dough feels sticky-- it will harden up in the fridge. Plus, the stickiness is perfect for the outside coating. If you really feel as though the mixture is too wet, add a pinch of oats. Dryer bites will be chewy and crunchy while a moister mixture will have a cookie dough consistency. Perfect either way!
- Roll the dough into balls with around a 1 inch diameter.
- Finishing touch: Roll your new energy bites in hemp seeds, coconut, cinnamon and cacao powder. Make sure to tap off any excess powder stuck to the dough.
- Put it in the refrigerator and eat within 1 – 2 weeks. For long term storage, a freezer will keep these delicious little snacks for around 3-4 months.